This was actually from a Lee & Perrins Worcestershire sauce ad. It may seem strange now-a-days to go to such lengths to make, basically, a meatloaf look like steak, but back in the 50s and 60s budgets were tight, and this is how you stretched the paycheck.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1180
Trans Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 15g
Monounsaturated Fat 42g
Total Carbohydrates 153g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 pounds ground round
- ½ pond lean pork
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups stuffing mix
- 1½ cups tomato juice
- 2 strips thick bacon
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons catsup
- 2 thin slices carrot
- Mix together ground round, pork, soup mix, 2 tablespoons of the Worcestershire sauce, stuffing mix and tomato juice.
- Form into steak shape 1 inch thick
- Wrap the bacon at the outer edge to resemble fat
- Broil 10 minutes each side
- During broiling brush with mixture of butter, remaining Worcestershire sauce and catsup
- Use carrot slivers to make "bone"
Bernell's Kitchen http://bernellskitchen.com/