This was actually from a Lee & Perrins Worcestershire sauce ad. It may seem strange now-a-days to go to such lengths to make, basically, a meatloaf look like steak, but back in the 50s and 60s budgets were tight, and this is how you stretched the paycheck.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1180
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 133g
Saturated Fat 67g
Trans Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 15g
Monounsaturated Fat 42g
Total Carbohydrates 153g
Dietary Fiber 16g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 pounds ground round
- ½ pond lean pork
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups stuffing mix
- 1½ cups tomato juice
- 2 strips thick bacon
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons catsup
- 2 thin slices carrot
- Mix together ground round, pork, soup mix, 2 tablespoons of the Worcestershire sauce, stuffing mix and tomato juice.
- Form into steak shape 1 inch thick
- Wrap the bacon at the outer edge to resemble fat
- Broil 10 minutes each side
- During broiling brush with mixture of butter, remaining Worcestershire sauce and catsup
- Use carrot slivers to make "bone"
Bernell's Kitchen http://bernellskitchen.com/