A handwritten recipe in Mom's handwriting. I can remember her making this a few times, and I remember that we liked it.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 17g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrates 12g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 pounds hamburger
- 1 medium onion
- 4 ounce can chopped green chili peppers
- 4 ounce taco sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 15 ounce cans cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk
- 12 corn taco shells (frozen kind)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Brown hamburger with chopped onion. Drain well.
- Add green chili peppers, taco sauce, tomato sauce.
- Mix together cream of mushroom soup and milk.
- Heat until warm, then add to meat mixture.
- Cut taco shells into 1 inch squares.
- Layer a buttered 11x14 pan with shells.
- Put layer of hamburger mix, then layer of cheddar cheese.
- Do this 2 times.
- Obviously you would bake it after that, but Mom left no further instructions. My best guess would be to bake for 30 minutes at 350°.
Bernell's Kitchen /