When we’d ask what was in this, my mom would always say, “Oh, just this that and t’other.” So we called it Peach Tuther. She finally gave us the recipe before she died, and it’s still a family favorite.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 820
Trans Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 25g
Total Carbohydrates 112g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 29oz can cling peaches in heavy syrup
- 1 can bisquits
- 3 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs corn starch
- 1 tsp almond flavoring
- 1 stick butter
- 2½ cup water
- 9×13 inch baking pan
- Heat oven to 400.
- Butter the pan.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with bisquits.
- Drain peaches (keep liquid) and set aside.
- In saucepan over medium heat, add peach liquid plus enought water to make 2 cups.
- Add sugar and butter.
- Bring to a low boil.
- Dissolve corn starch in 1/2 cup water, then add to pan slowly and stir until thickened.
- Evenly place peaches over bisquits.
- Stir almond flavoring into sauce and pour over bisquits and peaches.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes.
Bernell's Kitchen /