This was cut from some magazine and taped to a 3x5 card.
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 18g
Saturated Fat 8g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 10g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 6 slices American cheese
- Combine beef, 1 can tomato sauce, egg, bread crumbs, onions and seasonings.
- Divide mixture in half; lightly pack one portion into a 4x8x2-inch loaf pan.
- Arrange 4 cheese slices on top and pack the remaining meat evenly over the cheese layers.
- Turn out into a shallow baking pan.
- Cut remaining cheese slices in strips and arrange on top of loaf.
- Bake in moderate oven (350°F.) for 40 minutes.
- Remove excess fat from pan and pour remaining can of tomato sauce over loaf.
- Bake 30 minutes longer or until done.
- Makes 5 to 6 servings.
Bernell's Kitchen https://bernellskitchen.com/